The Winter Doldrums

Saturday, February 21, 2009

There is something beautiful about waking up in the morning on a Saturday after a long week and seeing that the ground is covered in snow. It is untouched outside my window, which makes it all the more beautiful. Then you have the muted sounds of everything crunching on snow rather than hard pavement, and I love that part of it too.

However......

The beauty is lost on me today. Seriously...winter needs to be done. It needed to be done like weeks ago, because I am sick of scraping my car, un burying my car, getting my jeans all covered in salt, getting my feet wet, slipping on ice, and snow driving. I am DONE.

I look forward to the start of summer, when I can slip on the bathing suit and sit poolside at my apartment complex. Or I can hop over to Anne's and veg in a raft at Alan and Dreama's. I can go for a 9 mile run outside with a tank top and shorts on instead of five layers of clothing and fleece pants. Or soon to happen, I can hop into the car with Abbie and Paige and drive to Wilminton, NC to sit beach side for 5 days, and swim in the ocean.

So yes, snow is beautiful, but... I'm sooo over its beauty. Bring on the Spring and Summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Stephanie's Randomness. Design by Pocket